Owning a king mattress in Utah or any other state in the US is a big investment. Not only are they one of the most expensive mattress types on the market, but they also require a bit more care and maintenance than other mattress types. It’s important to make sure you get the most out of your king mattress so that it lasts for as long as possible.
Here are a few tips on how to do just that:
- Use a mattress protector– This is an important step in prolonging the life of any mattress, but it’s especially important for king mattresses. A good mattress protector will keep your mattress clean and free of dust, dirt, and other debris that can shorten its lifespan.
- Rotate your mattress– Just like you rotate your tires, it’s important to rotate your mattress every few months. This helps to evenly distribute wear and tear and will prevent any one area from becoming too damaged. It’s especially important to rotate a king mattress since they’re so large and heavy.
- Avoid sleeping on the edge– The edges of a mattress are typically not as supportive as the rest of the mattress, so it’s best to avoid sleeping on them. This will help to prevent sagging and will keep your mattress in better shape overall. You may want to use a mattress topper or pillow top to make sleeping on the edge more comfortable.
- Don’t jump on the bed– It might be tempting to use your king mattress as a trampoline, but this can damage the springs and other internals. If you want to prolong the life of your mattress, it’s best to avoid any roughhousing. If you have children, make sure they understand this as well.
- Don’t overdo it with the blankets– While it’s important to keep your mattress clean, you also don’t want to overdo it with the blankets and sheets. This can cause excessive wear and tear, so only use as many as you need to stay comfortable.
- Vacuum regularly– Just like any other piece of furniture in your home, it’s important to vacuum your king mattress on a regular basis. This will help to remove any dust or dirt that could damage the fabric over time. You should also spot clean spills and stains as soon as they happen.
- Spot clean spills immediately– If you spill something on your mattress, it’s important to spot clean it right away. This will help to prevent any stains from setting in and will make it easier to clean the mattress overall.
- Let your mattress breathe– Every now and then, it’s a good idea to let your mattress air out. This helps to prevent moisture build-up, which can lead to mildew and other problems. It’s best to do this on a sunny day so that the mattress can dry out completely.
By following these simple tips, you can help to prolong the life of your king mattress and get the most out of your investment. You’ll be able to enjoy a comfortable, supportive mattress for many years to come.